PGS: Luton Airport
The Society’s aim is to ensure that the impact of the current and future operations of Luton Airport has a minimal effect on the tranquillity and character of the Chilterns.
In this context The Society will:
- Not support any significant increase in flights.
- Continue to seek the phasing out of night flights in and out of the airport between the hours of Midnight and 6am (emergency landings and disaster relief flights excepted).
- Seek the strict enforcement of noise levels to ensure the 1999 noise level benchmark is not exceeded.
- Oppose the extension of the existing runway and any additional runways and any other incursions by the airport into the green belt.
- Continue to oppose any proposals from NATS, which seek to alter the flight paths in and out of Luton Airport by reducing numbers flying over larger towns and increasing the numbers over-flying the Chiltern Hills.
- Similarly to oppose any plans for lowering the altitude of aircraft over-flying the Chiltern Hills.
- Continue to liase with all local, regional and national amenity groups supporting our cause and be in contact with relevant local authorities to get our message across.
Revision date: CF March 2013